Lessons And Group Classes
Sean can teach you how to play the guitar, and if you already play, chances are he can help you play better.
Here are his qualifications:
- Professional instructor since 2000, teaching 30-50 students per week.
- Over 25 years of playing experience, solo and ensemble.
- Gigging musician since 1999.
- Bachelor of Music degree in Classical Guitar Performance, graduated CSUS Magna Cum Laude in 2004.
Guitar Level 1--$80 per month, weekly 45 minute classes.
This class is currently under development. We are taking what we learned in the first 3 years of teaching group classes and redesigning this course from the ground up. Contact us to be added to the waiting list if you are interested in an ongoing group class for six or fewer people ages 12 and up where we play songs together, with parts available for all skill levels.
Guitar Ensemble (band)--$70 per month, Fridays from 5:45-6:45
This class will focus on playing together, beautifully and expressively. You will develop better listening, rhythm, and note reading skills, and discover the deeply rewarding experience of making music as part of a group. Ages 12 and up. It's a requirement that you can confidently read music within the first four frets, and have a good grasp of basic classical guitar technique before taking this class..
Private Lessons--$120 per month, weekly 30 minute lessons.
New client special: The first lesson is free!
Private Lessons are offered Monday through Thursday from 3-8pm. Private lessons are a more premium and customized learning experience for you or your child (ages 8 and up). Each 30 or 60 minute session will cover important musical concepts and guide students through learning songs or pieces with the flexibility and focus that only one-on-one instruction can offer. No matter what your goal is, we will make a plan and help you achieve it. Limited availability, call or email to discuss scheduling possibilities.
Here are some of the things Sean can teach you or your child:
- Songs in any style, like Classic Rock, Metal, Blues, Classical, Jazz, Folk, Country, R&B, Motown, Pop, etc.
- ALL the chords you will ever need.
- Improvisation (making stuff up and jamming with people)
- Technique (playing cleanly, and then playing FAST)
- Note Reading
- Developing a solid sense of rhythm and time
- Ear Training (picking up songs by ear)
Sean can also help if you have songs in your head and need someone to put them on paper.