Lessons And Group Classes
Sean can teach you how to play the guitar, and if you already play, chances are he can help you play better.
Here are his qualifications:
- 15 years of experience as a professional instructor, teaching 30-50 students per week.
- 21 years of playing experience.
- 16 years performing professionally
- Bachelor of Music degree in Classical Guitar Performance, graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Guitar Level 1--$80 per month, weekly 45 minute classes, Mondays at 7:15pm
Get started learning guitar the right way! In this class you or your child will learn all the important basics to get a good foundation for whatever you may choose to do as a guitarist. We meet weekly for 45 minutes in a small group of 4-6 people. This 12 week class will teach you the most important chords, how to strum, tuning, basics of reading music and tablature, and so much more. You or your child will meet other players of your level and have a great time learning the world's most popular and versatile instrument. Open to adults and mature kids ages 12 and up.
Guitar Ensemble (band)--$70 per month, Fridays from 5:45-6:45
This class will focus on playing together, beautifully and expressively. You will develop better listening, rhythm, and note reading skills, and discover the deeply rewarding experience of making music as part of a group. No music reading experience necessary. Ages 12 and up. It's recommended that you take the beginning class or three months of private lessons before taking this class.
Ages 12 and up, meets for 12 weeks.
Private Lessons--$120 per month, weekly 30 minute lessons.
New client special: The first lesson is free!
Private Lessons are offered Monday through Thursday from 3-8pm. Private lessons are a more premium and customized learning experience for you or your child (ages 8 and up). Each 30 or 60 minute session will cover important musical concepts and guide students through learning songs or pieces with the flexibility and focus that only one-on-one instruction can offer. No matter what your goal is, we will make a plan and help you achieve it. Limited availability, call or email to discuss scheduling possibilities.
Here are some of the things Sean can teach you or your child:
- Songs in any style, like Classic Rock, Metal, Blues, Classical, Jazz, Folk, Country, R&B, Motown, Pop, etc.
- ALL the chords you will ever need.
- Improvisation (making stuff up and jamming with people)
- Technique (playing cleanly, and then playing FAST)
- Note Reading
- Developing a solid sense of rhythm and time
- Ear Training (picking up songs by ear)
Sean can also help if you have songs in your head and need someone to put them on paper.